It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
  Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:21 pm 

Thanks to JJP for transcribing.

Apensos V Vol XIII
Page 2942

Ricardo Manuel Gonçalves Paiva

Sent: Wednesday, 2nd January 2008 10:12
To: Ricardo Manuel Gonçalves Paiva
Subject: FW: Madeleine McCann

Attachments: DSC00122.JPG; DSC00123.JPG

-----Original message-----
From: Hughes John (DC) [mailto:John.Hughes443@leicestershire.pnn.police.uk] Em nome de Task
Sent: Friday, 28 December 2007 15:05
To: Dic.Portimao
Subject: FW: Madeleine McCann

We have sent these images to CEOP. Please advise if any further work needed.
DC John Hughes

-----Original Message-----
From alan@medenvale.demon.co.uk [mailto:alan@medenvale.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 24 December 2007 09:40
To: task@leicestershire.pnn.police.uk
Subject: Madeleine McCann

Janet Allcock
24th December 2007

After seeing a side view picture of Madeleine McCann in yesterdays Sunday Mirror, it started me thinking again, of a girl I had seen on holiday. I could not get her out of my mind, so went to see a friend, a retired police officer and ask for his thoughts, after looking at the photo I had taken, he said "There are to many similarities for you not to contact the police"
Notts police gave me this email address.

When the couple in the photo's saw me with the camera they covered the girls head with a towel and left.

Date of photo... 23rd or 24th November 2007 Hotel ............ Gloria Palace
Amadores
Puerto Rico
Gran Caneria

Regards

Janet Allcock

--
:
Allan Allcock
Meden Vale Eng.

Photos here:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/ap/A13_5 ... _p2944.jpg
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/ap/A13_5 ... _p2945.jpg

(Doc linked in TOC)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:32 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Page 2926

Email

Sent: 10th October 2007
To: Portimao DIC

Subject: Madeleine McCann – sighting on flight from US to Amsterdam 7th October 2007

Please see below further sighting that we received from the US.

Thank you.

Alan Blackburn (Intelligence Officer)
UK Police National Missing Persons Bureau (PNMPB) Room 209 New Scotland Yard 10 Broadway London SW1H OBG

Hello,

Probably not this little girl, but sure did look like her. The only thing was the child was dressed as a little boy, the same size, hair colour and eyes. Though I am not sure about the eye that is different.

I was not paying that close attention during the long flight from Amsterdam to Memphis International Airport on Sunday, October 7, 2007.

The plane landed in Memphis at around 4 P.M. The child was well behaved during the flight and stood up several times to look at me for only a few seconds. The woman was in her late 30’s with brown hair, and was also travelling alone, she looked to be about 5’ 8’ tall. The child looked so much like this little girl and is haunting me to the point that I have been searching on my computer to see pictures of this little girl so that I might see what she would look like with short hair.

Thanks.

R.G.

(Doc linked in TOC)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:42 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Page 2889

Email

Sent: 2 October 2007

Subject: Fwd Statement re Madeleine McCann

About 12.40 hours on Friday 28th September 2007 the witness was seated on a wall waiting for a bus in Rosetta Road, Peebles, when she saw a male and a young female pass by on the footpath in front of her. She states they were walking hand in hand with the female on the male’s left. The two walked past the witness and turned into Kirkland Street, Peebles where they were lost from sight. The witness states that they appeared to know where they were going and were walking normally and seemed quite comfortable in each other’s company although they were not speaking. The witness observed the two for approx. One minute although is unable to give detailed descriptions.

There is no CCTV covering the immediate area and town centre. CCTV has been checked out although this is some distance from where the two were sighted with a negative result. A primary school and nursery are situated approx. 600-700 metres from where the sighting was made and at the material time children were being returned to them following lunch. Enquiries carried out at the school and nursery identified several young girls that matched the description given by the witness.

There are serious concerns regarding the reliability of the witness due to her age, admitting to taking tranquillisers following a breakdown several years ago and having mental health issues. It would appear that she is avidly following the case in the media and appears to be recalling the description of Madeleine when trying to describe the female seen at the material time. She also intimated that she did not like the Portuguese and has been praying to God for Madeleine’s return.

Submitted for your information. Hard copy of statement has been forwarded to Operation Task.

TPS 4501 G Fiona Meechan
Tean 5
Police Station
Rosetta Road
Peebles

(Doc linked in TOC)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Pages 2864 – 2865

Email

From: John Hughes (DC) leicestershire.pnn.police.uk in the name of Task
Sent: 4th October 2007
Subject: FW 2 Restricted statement of witness Madeleine McCann sighting in Paris.

A possible recent sighting in Paris
DC John Hughes

Operation Task

A Mr Patrick Hetherington came into Coleraine PSMI Station today and supplied the statement attached. He appears to be a good credible witness.
His sighting was in Paris one week ago. The statement reveals all!!

His details are as follows:

P. Hetherington
Co. Antrim
Northern Ireland

If you have any questions please contact me via any of the means below.

Sgt Stephen Fleck

(Doc linked in TOC)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Pages 2866 – 2868

STATEMENT OF WITNESS

STATEMENT OF: PATRICK HETHERINGTON

AGE OF WITNESS: OVER 18

I declare that this statement consisting of pages, each signed by me is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence at a preliminary enquiry or at the trial of any person, I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

Signature of member by whom statement was recorded or received: S. Fleck

Signature of witness: P. Hetherington

Exactly seven days ago on 25th September 2007 at 10.20 A.M. when I was at an Information Centre in Montmartre opposite Basilica Sacré Coput in the city of Paris, France, I had just spent the week watching the Rugby World Cup. The reason I was in the Info Centre was to find out what bus would take me to Monet Gallery. There were quite a few people in the Information Centre at the time, approx twelve I think. I got the information I required and walked outside to get the bus. It was a clear bright morning and the sun was shining. Outside I did not know which side of the street the Nº 30 bus would stop. I asked a man who walked past but he did not speak English. I noticed a woman and a child in a pram and I asked the little girl in the pram jokingly “Do you know what side the Nº 30 bus stops”. The little girl lifted her head up and I thought I’d seen this girl before saying to myself “I’ve seen that girl somewhere before”. I them said to the little girl, “Would your mummy know?”. She said something but I couldn’t understand or hear it but she seemed to understand what I was talking about. I would describe the woman as somebody who I would describe as a professional, like a doctor or solicitor. She was white, approximately 5’6”, medium to large build with blond hair tied neatly back in a ponytail. I saw this woman from a side profile only but would describe her face as long or sharp. I would say this woman was aged between 25-26 yrs old. She seemed to be deliberately trying to look away from me. She was wearing a dark brown ¾ length leather jacket and it looked of good quality. I did not see what she was wearing under the jacket. She was wearing loose fitting light blue jeans that stood out because they were such a bright light blue. I would describe the little girl as follows. Approximately 4 years old with shoulder length blond hair. I am not 100% sure about the colour of the eyes but I think they were dark in colour. She was white with pale skin and a pale face. She was wearing a dark grey coat which appeared to be wrapped around her inside the pram. It was a long sleeved coat and the coat was down over her feet so it was quite long. I noticed a pocket in the top part of the coat. I could not see what she was wearing underneath. I would describe the pram as follows. It had four wheels, the colour was like a rusty colour. The handles came straight up and across the back, like you see on most prams. I was standing approximately four feet from the little girl and the woman. I was looking at them for approximately two-three minutes. This was a constant observation with no obstructions to my view. I had never seen these two people before. I also noticed that the little girl had a doll, a Barbie doll about 18 inches long and the little girl was holding it in her right hand. The doll did not have any clothing on it. I noticed several CCTV cameras in the area and I noticed one in particular at the Information Centre. I was wearing a blue denim jacket and blue trousers with a blue pullover and yellow tie. I am approximately 5’7” years old with grey hair receding at the front. At 10.25 my bus arrived and I lost sight of the woman and the little girl. I then arrived back in Ireland the same day at approximately 11.00 P.M. On Tuesday 2nd October 2007 exactly seven days later at 12.00 I picked up an edition of the Mail on Sunday dated 30th September 2007. On the second or third page I saw a picture of Mrs McCann the mother of Madeleine McCann. It was at this stage that I remembered my encounter with the woman and the little girl in Paris. The little girl that I saw and spoke to that day in Paris I can 250% say it was Madeleine (sic) McCann. I definitely seen (sic) her. Like I say my encounter was seven days ago and I am now reporting it to the police after reading the paper today. It was definitely Madeleine McCann that I seen (sic) and spoke to.

(Doc linked in TOC)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:01 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Pages 2898-2899

Portimao DIC

Email

Sent: 1st October 2007

Subject: Poss sighting of Madeleine McCann

For your information and action.

Regards.

This copy of incident CC-01102007-0282 was produced by Jo Newham at 1312 on 01-10-2007.

Warning! This incident may have been updated on CC3 since this copy was obtained.

Location details: Cambridgeshire force area.

Complainant: Natasha Mann

Address: Cambridge

Contact with complainant permitted: Yes.

Complainant’s additional info: Witness

01-10-2007 Remarks

Caller has been staying in Fez for one year (Morocco) and last week she saw a beggar woman with 2 children – one looked like her child (very dark and already haggard) and the other child – dressed like a boy with short hair and short was fine featured and very blonde and not haggard and caller thinks this could be Madeleine. She saw her about 22.00 and there were street lights and she did not speak to the woman and there is no CCTV and was a few yards away from her but no contact. The road where they were is Mohammed the Fifth near Hassan the Second, near the post office.

(Doc linked in TOC).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:13 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Pages 2895 – 2896

And

Apensos V, Vol XIII
Pages 2915 – 2916

WITNESS STATEMENT

Statement of: Una Bruce Johnstone or MacDonald

Occupation of Witness: Retired

Address: Crossgate

This statement consisting of 3 pages, each signed by me, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence, I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

Dated the 16th day of October 2007.

I live at the stated address with my husband A. MacDonald. I am fully aware of the ongoing investigation into the missing child known as Madeleine McCann.

On 30th September 2007, my husband and I along with my brother and his wife departed from Edinburgh Airport for a twelve day holiday in Arroyo de la Miel, Benalnedena on the Costa del Sol.

On the morning of Wednesday 3rd October 2007, all four of us left our hotel, namely the Jupiter and went for a walk. About 11.00 hours, same date we were walking along the pavement on the opposite side of the road from the local Arroyo de la Miel train station, which I think is on either Aves station or Aves Construction (street name). About 200 yards past the train station my attention was drawn towards three young girls who were heading towards us on the same side of the roadway, they were accompanied by an elderly woman. The girls were skipping along hand in hand saying in English “Atishoo, Atishoo” as in the line from the nursery rhyme. The girls were laughing and in good spirits. I thought this was rather cute although didn’t pay it any more attention.

I was approximately 4-5 feet away from the girls as they passed by, the girl closest to me looked up, and I immediately thought that she looked like the girl Madeleine McCann. I stopped, turned round for a second to look at the girl but they just kept walking. The girl was of a similar age to Madeleine McCann and her face resembled that of Madeleine, although her hair was light brown in colour and shoulder length. The only thing that made me think it could be her, was the strong facial resemblance. I only had a fleeting glance at her face and could not see the documented distinguishing marks on her eye.

I commented to my husband, brother and his wife that I thought the girl looked like Madeleine McCann, and we continued to watch them in the hope that the girl would turn around again in order to confirm my suspicions. The girls continued to skip along and I lost sight of them as they merged with other pedestrians, the girl never looked back.

I didn’t feel comfortable approaching the girls or the woman as I was concerned at what their reactions might have been and if they would make any allegations against myself, if my suspicions were wrong. I would have needed to be 100% sure of what I had seen before I would attempt this.

The woman is described as being about 60 years of age, short grey combed back hair, British looking with a pale complexion, not tanned, approximately 5’12 tall, petite build. She was wearing a pale grey coloured skirt and a navy blue short sleeved T shirt. There is nothing else distinguishing about her.

The girl who I thought was Madeleine is described as being about 4 years old, light brown shoulder length hair, pale complexion, not tanned, clothing no further described. Striking resemblance facially to Madeleine but didn’t see distinguishing mark on her eye.

The girl next to her holding her hand was approximately 6 years old, about a head height taller than her, very blonde shoulder length, again pale complexion, not tanned, no further description.

I did not get a look at the third girl and can not describe her, although she was a similar age and height to the other two girls.

I am aware of the circumstances surrounding Madeleine McCann’s disappearance which was further brought to my attention, when on collecting my Euros prior to going on holiday, I was given a pamphlet as some sort of awareness campaign at the Post Office. The pamphlet had a picture of Madeleine McCann and contact phone numbers on it. Therefore when on holiday I was looking for any girls matching Madeleine’s age and description and I would have a close look at them and the possibility of identifying her. I didn’t actively go looking for her, but I was more vigilant than usual.

I didn’t have a camera with me at that time and therefore have no photos of the incident.

Signed.

(Doc linked in TOC).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Pages 2921-2923

Email

Portimao DIC

From Alan Blackburn @met.police.uk

Sent: 9th October 2007

Subject: Madeleine McCann – possible sighting in Mexico 6th October 2007.

Please see below possible sighting of Madeleine in Mexico. I requested further details of location, description of the child etc. Which I have had a reply to and this is included below within this e-mail.

Thank you.

Alan Blackburn (Intelligence Officer)
UK Police National Missing Persons Bureau
Room 209
New Scotland Yard
10 Broadway
London

Original message

To: Jessica Sarra

Sent: Oct 08 2007

Subject: Madeleine McCann

My husband and I strongly believe we may have seen Madeleine with a man in a restaurant while on vacation in Mexico. At first we just had a weird feeling that the little girl at the table next to us didn’t belong with the man. The way she looked at us and her unmatching clothes and not being well groomed, and the fact that the man wouldn’t turn around and look at us directly even when we were non verbally corresponding with the little girl. When we got back to our hotel and caught a bit of the news, Madeleine’s picture came up and my husband and I both looked at each other with the same sinking feeling that she looked just like her except the picture looked a lot younger and we thought the little girl at the restaurant was about 4. When I got home and looked up her pictures and age etc. I feel even more strongly now that it was her. I’ve been trying to look at more pictures of missing little girls about her age and haven’t seen one yet that resembles her except Madeleine. I have more details however am not sure who to contact that will take this very serious (sic) and not leak it to the media so that the kidnapper has time to flee.

Very concerned mother myself.

Deanna.

Original message

Sent: 9 October 2007

To: Blackburn Alan

Subject: Madeleine

1. The exact location of the sighting including any nearby buildings and whether you noticed any CCTV cameras nearby.

I doubt they have cameras – small town of San Felipe in Baja California Mexico on the Sea of Cortez, the restaurant – Bajamar on the main cruising ship – Mar de Cortez, right along the beach.

2. The day, date and time of the sighting.

Saturday the 6th between 5.00 and 6.30 PM (They were already at their table when we were seated next to them).

3. Details of clothing items that she was wearing.

Light green T shirt with a horse on it and a turquoise Mexican shirt with sequences and dirty thongs.

4. Description of the child including any distinctive marks, scars or other features.

She looked very much like the pictures, thin /avg 4 yr old size. Her eyes looked very dark from a distance but when she came around the table closer, I could see blue green colour, I didn’t notice the black line as it was a little dark and she probably wasn’t close enough. Her cute little nose matches the pictures exactly. Her hair fine blonde just like the photos – longer than the most recent photo – bangs were kind of covering her eyebrows. Her hair looked a little dirty and not shiny and brushed like if a woman was involved and her clothes didn’t match.

5. Circumstances of the sighting including anyone she was seen with, any vehicles and her demeanour.

Her staring into our eyes when we 1st saw her – I can’t explain the feeling my husband and I both got (almost like she recognised us or there was desperation.. She was busy, would walk around the table – the man kept telling her to sit down. At one point she seemed to be testing him while she watched us. The tables were outside right by the sidewalk, street and then beach and ocean. When she stood up by the railing looking towards the street, he nudged her with the chair and she sat down on it. He seemed very suspicious, not talking much, never turned around and looked at us even though we were smiling back and forth with the little girl. He looked a little older late 50’s or 60’s, graying hair, white baseball cap, maybe 6 foot or just shy, a little overweight. He was very normal looking but big nose and ears. I never heard any names or references such as Grandpa. She whispered something in his ear and he said something back and then I heard her say something like “but you said they were sad”.

6. Any photographs that you make (sic) have taken of her?

I wish I would have thought of that. I took a picture of the lighthouse out the view and her arm is in it, but at the time my husband and I were just suspicious thinking that maybe this little girl didn’t belong with the guy. It wasn’t until we caught a bit of the news later that night and saw Madeleine’s picture that my husband and I both thought how much it looked like her but the news said age 3 and we were certain the girl was more like 4. And being so far from Portugal, we at the point thought it probably wasn’t her. But it kept bothering us, so when we got home I searched the Internet for her and other missing children and found out she is 4 and saw all the other pictures of her and the video (the picture of her in the dark blue chang (sic) shirt really struck me and her expressions in the video) and that is when we thought everything is adding up, not to mention the sitings (sic) in Argentina and Guatemala, which if he was sailing would be right along the way.

7. Any additional information that you feel may be of benefit to investigate this sighting further.

San Felipe would be a great hiding place – not too many tourists, mostly Mexicans and the federales seem pretty laid back. When they left the restaurant they walked north on the sidewalk right past where we were sitting. I thought it was odd that we didn’t see meals brought to them, unless they ate before we got there, but if that is the case, they sat there a long time after. She just had a shirley temple that she barely sipped on and I think I saw her munch on one chip. I wish I would have done more like ask her name and take a picture.

My husband and I feel very strongly that it was her. I feel so strongly that I want to go back down there and look for her, but I don’t know what I would do if I saw her again and I’m all the way up in Idaho. I hope this helps. Someone needs to go there right away.

Deanna Wright

(Doc linked in TOC).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:31 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Page 2930

Email

Portimao DIC

Sent: 12 October 2007

To: task@leicestershire.pnn.police.uk

C.c. Portimao DIC

Subject: Possible sighting of Madeline (sic) McCann

Attachments: jpg

Please find attached still photographs taken from a bus in Dundee City Centre on 09-10-2007. Full information of sighting will be sent later this date to Leicestershire Police by recorded delivery.

Quality of the photographs is not very good, having been downloaded from the bus CCTV system. These images are contained within a DVD which will also have been forwarded to Leicestershire.

Any further enquiries to the Duty officer, Force Control Room, Tayside Police, Dundee.

(Doc linked in TOC).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:40 pm 

Apensos V, Volume XIII
Pages 2869-2870

Email

Sent: 27 September 2007

To: Ana Filipa Conduto Luz

Subject: FW M2320 – for forwarding to Portugal

(Original message sent 25 September 2007)

Rec by: TPHONE

Origin: PS Hawkins, West Mercia Police

From a Mr Jeynes re- possible sighting of Madeleine McCann in Malta. Unable to connect caller to ext for Op Task. He can be contacted on above extn before 6 PM today or tomorrow between 6AM/2PM.

Incident confirmed.
Incident linked to 209 26-06-07
Incident passed to TQ BI
Incident acknowledged
Incident deferred to 25-08-07 (for id BI)
Incident result
Incident closed.

(Doc linked in TOC).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next