It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:51 am 

David Payne, earlier statement:
He declares that he saw Madeleine, for the last time, at 17H00 on 3/5/07 in the McCann apartment. Also present there were Kate and Gerry. He did not indicate the motive for being there or what he was doing. He also cannot indicate how long he stayed.

Fiona Payne, earlier statement:
In her depositions, she states that she went to the McCann apartment, around 19H00, on the 3rd of May, together with Kate. She states afterwards that, 10 minutes later, the husband arrived; it is not clear which husband she refers to.

David Payne, rogatory interview:
I was you know going to Kate’s about six thirty, err and I went into their apartment through the patio doors. The three children were all you know dressed you know in their pyjamas, you know they looked immaculate, you know they were just like angels, they all looked so happy and well looked after and content and I said to Kate, you know it’s a bit early for the you know, for the three of them to be going to bed, she said ah they’ve had such a great time, they’re really tired and you know err so I say, you know I can’t remember exactly what, what you know the night attire, what the children were wearing but white was the predominant err colour, but you know just to reinforce they were just so happy, you know seeing you know obviously Gerry wasn’t there but they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who’d had such a fantastic time etc.

Kate McCann, september statement:
While the children were eating and looking at some books, Kate had a shower which lasted around 5 minutes. After showering, at around 6:30/6:40PM and while she was getting dry, she heard somebody knocking at the verandah door. She wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who it was. This door was closed but not locked as Gerry had left by this door. She confirmed it was David Payne, because he called out and had opened the door slightly. David’s visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn’t actually enter the flat, he remained at the verandah door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40PM.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 am 

Skeptical wrote:
Gerald McCann : May 4th statement to the PJ :

"Thus, at 9.05pm, the interviewee entered the room (apartment?) using his key, the door being locked, and went to the children's room and noted that the twins and Madeleine were OK"

and (Regarding Kate's "check" :

"At 10pm, Kate went to check on the children. She went into the apartment, using her key"

Gerald McCann : May 10th statement to the PJ :

"Did the normal route to the back door, which is open"

and (Regarding Kate's "check") :

"and entered through the back door"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:54 am 

Tripz wrote:

Date of Interview: 09/04/08 source Oldfield rogatory interview.

Copper~ “How long were you actually in the apartment for then?”

MO~ “One or two minutes maybe. I remember looking, they’ve got, all the rooms had sort of a book supply and so, because we were spending all this down time at lunchtime looking, you know, doing a bit of reading or maybe sunbathing, but some reading, so I sort of remember sort of looking along their bookshelf as I walked through to see if there was anything that I could sort of take to read for the next couple of days, erm, so it might have been, you know, a minute or two”.

NO BOOKSHELF IN APARTMENT 5a

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 am 

MiceAndMen wrote:

Regarding the beach trip on May 3rd to which KM says they were NOT invited:

Here is what KM had to say in her September interview about the beach trip:

"The lesson ended an hour afterwards, close to 4:30PM. Gerry continued playing tennis with a guest called Jxxxxn who belonged to his tennis group, while she went for a jog along the beach, for around half an hour. She saw the others of the group, children and grownups; she was disappointed as nobody had told her they were going to the beach and Madeleine would have loved to have gone with them. She cannot confirm whether she went to the apartment between the tennis game and the jog."

However, according to her friend FP from the April 08 Rogatory Interview:

“No, no, Kate didn’t come. They, they tended to use the kids club in the afternoon, for the twins as well as Madeleine, and they were the only ones really doing that, as I say, E**a sometimes went in in the afternoon, but the younger ones, you know, none of us put them in in the afternoon. So, again, that’s generally why we didn’t see them because they had things booked to do in the afternoon without the kids and we didn’t. So, you know, we had asked them but, you know, they had tennis lessons or something. So, yeah, we all headed, we headed off and then, once we were on the beach, we were, we were a little while just sort of the women and the kids really playing on the beach, you know, sandcastles and stuff. Erm, and then, at some point, Matt and Russell came back in and there was a bit of a laugh because Russ was saying that he saved Matt’s life or something, I don’t know, something had happened on the boat and, erm, you know, there was some jokes about Matt trying to capsize and drowned and all sorts. And then, a bit later, after that, Dave had came in from the wind surfing. Time wise I”.

Who to believe
:s_dunno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 am 

AlpineAster wrote:

KATE MARIE HEALY – STATEMENT
(from DVD)

September 6/2007 3pm at Portimao

While the children were eating and looking at some books, Kate had a shower which lasted around 5 minutes. After showering, at around 6:30/6:40PM and while she was getting dry, she heard somebody knocking at the verandah door. She wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who it was. This door was closed but not locked as Gerry had left by this door. She confirmed it was David Payne, because he called out and had opened the door slightly. David’s visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds,he didn't actually enter the flat, he remained at the verandah door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40PM.

RECORD OF TAPE RECORDED INTERVIEW Police Exhibit No IM23A
Person Interviewed: David PAYNE Number of Pages 45
Place of Interview: Force Headquarters, Enderby Signature of Interviewing
Date of Interview: 11.04.08 Officer producing exhibit

I walked back err from the tennis courts, err back to err you know Kate and Gerry’s apartment and the time you know looking at, you know we’ve looked obviously at photographs since then and you know the time that we’ve got that I was you know going to Kate’s about six thirty, err and I went into their apartment through the patio doors. The three children were all you know dressed you know in their pyjamas, you know they looked immaculate, you know they were just like angels, they all looked so happy and well looked after and content and I said to Kate, you know it’s a bit early for the you know, for the three of them to be going to bed, she said ah they’ve had such a great time, they’re really tired and you know err so I say, you know I can’t remember exactly what, what you know the night attire, what the children were wearing but white was the predominant err colour, but you know just to reinforce they were just so happy, you know seeing you know obviously Gerry wasn’t there but they were just all, just so at peace and you know they looked like a family who’d had such a fantastic time and err yeah then I left there, went and got my stuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm 

Albym wrote:

Confusion re: lights in the flat (main room; kitchen; bathroom) while children slept:
- there is no information in the depositions as to what lights were on or off;
- we have KM saying up front in the 'mocku' that the bedroom door is pulled to a nearly closed position in order to avoid too much light going into the bedroom;
- in GM's grand entrance no lights are switched on but several of the external blinds are not fully closed thereby letting in sufficient outside daylight to which the eyes will adjust;
- initially in the MO/GM remorse sequence there is no light in the flat but then light appears behind GM's head (coming from the sofa area). We cannot see if that light came from a wall-light in the flat or from a mockumentary camera/light source.

Without some artificial light source in the apartment at night how could MO see anything in the darkened bedroom, and the same applies to the phantom 'abductor'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:07 pm 

Newperson wrote:

on david paynes visit at 6.30

Kate Mccann:

David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn't actually enter the flat, he remained at the veranda door.

David Payne:

I went into their apartment through the patio doors.
1485 "Did you actually go into the apartment?”
Reply "I did.”
1485 "Or did you do the conversation from the door?”
Reply "No, definitely was inside the apartment, you know whether it be two or three steps into the apartment or you know however many, but I was definitely in the apartment.”

1485 "I’m gonna pin you down and ask you how long you think you were in there for. I know you say minutes.”
Reply "In their apartment, it, it, I’d say three minutes, five maximum.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:17 pm 

Gerry 10th may statement:
----- That they left the house by the main door, that he was sure he locked, it being that the rear door was also closed and locked. They were the first to arrive at the TAPAS where everyone showed up except only for MATHEW, who was still ill. Though his wife RACHEL showed up for dinner. Except for the situation described above, that occurred during lunch, he did not see MATHEW during the whole of Sunday.
----- Dinner ended at 23h00, during which every half-hour the deponent or KATE went, alternately, to the apartment to confirm that all was well with the children. On that day only the deponent and his wife entered the apartment.

Rogatory interview Russell:

Reply “’I’m aware that initially we would only check on our own rooms, on occasions we may have listened at other apartments and doors and windows’, I think actually, generally speaking, what we would do is, we would often listen at other, often listened at the windows of the other apartments and routinely go into our own, erm. But it wasn’t a question of initially we’d only check our own rooms, I think actually earlier on, and certainly from my point of view, I actually went into Kate and Gerry’s room, erm, on the Sunday and Matt’s room on the Sunday, we, at the start we were going to each and every room, but I think then, because there was a bit of, it was actually more that we would listen at the windows and go into our own room, because there was, you know, everyone was going up and down in a cycle, in the circuit, so”.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:17 pm 

Abuela wrote:

From R O'B's rog statement:

I think actually earlier on, and certainly from my point of view, I actually went into Kate and Gerry’s room, erm, on the Sunday and Matt’s room on the Sunday,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt was allegedly sick on the Sunday and not at dinner, so why did RO'B check his children? He mentions this again later in the interview, stating how he needed Matt's key to enter his apartment, just a few paragraphs after saying Matt was sick at not at dinner...

Still on the subject of Matt...he says in his Rog interview that he thinks his sickness bug was because of dodgy food on the plane. He says they were handing out the meals and the cover was coming off of one of the children's so he swapped his for hers, and he thinks this is what caused the vomiting the following day.

"Handing out the meals" suggests hot food, yes?

However, in Rachaels Rog interview she states they they went looking for food when they arrived in PDL because they'd only had sandwiches on the plane.